San Diego's Best Organic Sunless Tanning & Tanning Beds
Sjolie Organic Airbrush Tan
For the ultimate, natural-looking glow without the UV rays, we recommend an organic airbrush tan by one of our highly trained technicians.
At Aztec Tan & Spa, we use Sjolie Sunless tanning products, which are made from only naturally derived ingredients. This brand is certified Organic DHA, 100% Vegan & PETA approved, and is paraben-free, erythrulose-free and fragrance-free.
Our technicians will custom mix the sunless spray based on your skin type and desired level of darkness. The entire process takes only 10-15 minutes. We can airbrush your entire body, or just specific parts, too.
How To Prepare For Your Spray Tan
- Exfoliate your skin at least 3 - 6 hours before your sunless session to smooth skin for even tanning results. Spend a little extra time on knees, elbows, feet, and hands.
- Shave at least 3 - 6 hours before your sunless tanning session.
- Any waxing should be done 1 - 2 days before your sunless tanning session.
- Do not apply oils or lotions at any time prior to your spray tan.
- Remove makeup prior to your application for best results.
- Bring looser fitting, dark-colored clothing to your airbrush appointment.
Spray Tan After Care
- Wait at least 6 - 12 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin.
- Don’t worry if you see color wash off after your first shower as this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what is left behind is a beautiful, sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer until after your first shower, as this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Do not exercise until after your first shower.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application.
- Wear only water-based sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.
Clean, State-Of-The-Art Tanning Beds
Voted "Best Tanning Salon 2016" by the La Mesa Courier
At Aztec Tan & Spa, we offer three different types of tanning beds in order to offer the best tanning experience to our customers.
Level 4 Laydown Bed--Ergoline 600 Classic Turbo
With turbo power lamps, 4 ultra-performance facial tanners, and integrated shoulder tanner, the Ergoline600 raises the bar in terms of comfort and performance. This bed is designed to break through your traditional tanning plateau to get you the results you desire. The wide body shape allows for a relaxing tanning position with plenty of room to spare. The integrated canopy fans keep you cool throughout the entire tanning session.
Level 4 Standup Bed--Cyclone Sun Capsule
The Sun Capsule Super Cyclone is often referred to as the miracle of the tanning industry due to its ability to deliver consistent, even results. With floor to ceiling coverage, the Super Cyclone ensures that you will receive an all-over, radiant color even on hard-to-tan areas like the the lower legs, underarms, and sides. The powerful ceiling ventilation system allows for a sweat-free, comfortable environment.
Level 5 Sunboard XXT
We have the only Level 5 Sunboard XXT in San Diego! It is America’s first and only 4-sided high pressure tanning unit, and it allows for a non-claustrophobic, open air tanning environment. The Sunboard XXT has a frosted, contoured acrylic lounge for ultimate UV dispersion, which results in a perfectly even tan. This bed delivers the most natural color that will also last the longest!
To learn more about our tanning beds and sunless tanning options, read our blog: